These 6 simple tips will make it easier for you to stay focused and get your work tasks completed on time.
1. Work sessions should be timed. Set a timer for 30 to 60 minutes and commit to not doing anything else during that time period. No email, no phone, no Facebook. Spend the entire time working on just the project at hand.
2. The Pomodoro technique. Here’s a technique worth trying. It is a highly effective work-pause-work method that was invented in the late 1980’s by Francesco Cirillo. Each 25-minute work sprint is followed by a 5-minute break. It works well, so give it a try.
3. Take breaks in order to network. When you schedule work blocks then breaks are a way to reward yourself with time for you to network, become distracted, and have a little freedom.
4. Prepare your offline workload. We rely a lot on the internet these days but sometimes we can have spotty or even unavailable internet services so it’s a good idea to have projects prepped so that you can work on them offline should you not have internet.
5. Set three goals that are clear and concise. When you are working away from your desk if you take the time to set three goals that you need to finish up. As soon as you achieve those goals reward yourself by doing whatever it is you want to do.
6. Create artificial deadlines. You may be surprised to discover that artificial deadlines actually work. It can really help you to stay focused. Make the deadlines tough to meet so that it doesn’t come too easy to you. You need to have a challenge and then a good reward so you can keep your eye on the prize.
There you have it – 6 simple tips to help you stay focused on your work. Why not try them today?
Did you find these tips helpful? Share it!