Job stress is a real problem that affects one’s personal life as well as their work life. Too much job stress can lead to physical, relational and emotional health issues. Let’s look at some tips on how to reduce your job stress.
When to Take Action on Your Job Stress
When job stress begins to interfere with how you perform your job, and in your personal life, or your overall health, then it is time for you to take action. However, a better option is to do something before it gets to that point.
Start by Taking Care of Yourself
Pay attention to your emotional and physical well being. When you take care of your needs, you’ll be stronger and therefore be better able to handle your job stress without feeling overwhelmed. This doesn’t mean you have to change your life but there are some things that will help.
- Start Moving – Exercising regularly is a great way to relieve stress in your life whether it’s job stress or home stress. Make sure you get your heart rate up. This will increase your energy, lift your mood, improve your focus, and help you to relax. We are big fans of Camp Gladiator.
- Eat Right – Look for foods that will keep you going. Low blood sugar will make you feel irritable and anxious, as well as, fatigued. Eat small meals often during the day to keep your blood sugar level.
- Get Adequate Sleep – When you are sleep deprived, you will be much more susceptible to stress. By getting enough sleep you’ll be better able to cope because you are emotionally balanced. Try using a sound machine that has white noise to block out noises.
Become More Efficient at Work
Reduce your job stress by getting more organized and starting to prioritize things. Just shaving off a little bit of time can make you feel more in control and less stressed.
- Don’t Over-Commit – Try not to schedule fit too much in a day. This will cause you to become stressed when you can’t finish it all. Don’t take on those tasks that will truly wait.
- Create a Schedule That’s Balanced – Look at your schedule and see what responsibilities you can hand off to someone else. Make sure that you schedule in family events and ‘me time’ just as you would any other activity.
- Take Regular Breaks – Make sure to give yourself regular breaks throughout the day. They don’t have to be long, but they do need to give you enough time to stretch and clear your head.
Always remember that being able to compromise is very important. Also, be willing to make concessions so that you can make the most of your time at work with the least amount of stress.
Bonus Tip for Bosses:
Give your employees an occasional Fun Day. It will boost overall company morale and productivity. Magicians David and Kylie Knight bring fun entertainment for Awards Nights, Holiday Parties, and Family Fun Days. Contact them TODAY!